When customers take their time every day andSubmit your opinionon your product or service,you have to say thank you.
Easier said than done, especially if you communicate with your customers on a regular basis.
Today we're going to show you how to thank your customers for their comments, so they'll be happy to remember and share them in the future. We'll also share a feedback email for you to use, so bear with us!
Why you should bother to thank customers for feedback
Quite simply because otherwise your customers may not be willing to give you feedback in the future.
We thank customers for their purchases, users for signing up, or our colleagues for their performance reviews during team meetings.
Why not thank them for their comments and that's whyclose the feedback loop?
It may seem like a small thing at first glance.
Indeed it is.
"Thank you for your feedback" is only five words, but those five words have a lot of power.
And you can also say thank you for it before you receive it.
It's one of the most important phrases you can use, but it's often a blind spot.
Responding quickly to customer feedback lets you show customers that you care about their experience, whether it's positive feedback or a ton of complaints.
And a quick “thank you” can go a long way in maintaining strong customer relationships and encouraging them to give you more feedback or advice.
Use this template
How to say thank you for positive feedback: The best tips
Of course, it's easier to respond to a positive review and say thank you for a few kind words in a customer feedback email.
But it's not just the answer itself.
You can also take steps to ensure customers remember your brand after they leave a positive review and hopefully become one of your brand advocates.
Here are some ideas on how you can do just that:
- If the review is shared publicly, thank the customer on the same platform,
- Offer a discount code or voucher to show your appreciation for their ticket. For inspiration, check out how popular software comparison sites do this: they often offer gift cards as a "thank you" for even shorter reviews.
- Send your client a handwritten thank you card - a personal touch that isn't essential for every business these days, but will set you apart.
- Share the customer review on your company's social media and tag the customer in it,
- If you have an email list, include the customer review in your next newsletter, subject to customer approval of course.
These are all small things you can do with positive reviews.
The positives are worth sharing, but don't be complacent; Even if customer feedback is positive, make sure you keep improving your services. Good reviews should be seen as an opportunity for self-reflection and a chance to improve your offering, as well as insight into upcoming projects you may have.
How to say thank you for negative comments: top tips
Responding to positive feedback is better than receiving itrespond to negative comments, but don't worry:Happens.
If you have had a positive experience, few will share it. You are just a satisfied customer with little desire to leave positive feedback.
But if the experience isn't cutting edge, tell everyone (friends, other clients, potential clients) and spray paint and say your company name everywhere. And if the brand doesn't respond to your complaints within seconds, you're lost.
That's how people work.
For example, if you have a smooth flight and transfer from point A to point B, your first social media post might be posted at your new destination without praising the airline or writing a review.
But if you're on the same flight that's seriously delayed and overbooked and you're asking for nothing more than a full refund, your first social media post could be just that, tagging your company name and encouraging other customers to never fly on it Airline. .
So don't despair if you get negative feedback.
Use it to learn, grow and meet customer expectations.
Acknowledging a customer's anger or dissatisfaction can be an opportunity to turn them into one of your biggest brand advocates.
All you have to do is show that you're listening and that you care about their opinion:
- respond professionally (and with a cool head; it's easy to get carried away with emotions, but it's not worth it),
- Sorry for the inconvenience,
- try to find a solution together
- after regra MILKPresented by Starbucks: Listen, Acknowledge, Act, Thank and Explain
- Create an action plan to ensure the same thing doesn't happen again. for example additional training for your employees,
- Turn a negative review into actionable learning: Sometimes negative reviews provide more than just a great review, they show you areas you need to work hard on.
For example, an answer in the form of a short note from the customer is better than no answer at all.
Below are several email and social media templates you can use to respond to customer feedback. Use them in practice and find out which ones work best for your business, your customer service department, and anyone involved in customer communications.
Thank you for your feedback: samples and templates
Appreciate customer feedback on social media
Customer feedback on social media can take two forms: a brief statement or chatter about your brand.
What counts on social networks is speed, so you have everything you need to respond quickly, even if the answer isn't the most accurate. Dropping a few words in the comments can put your client at ease and boost your relationship.
"[Name], thank you for your feedback. We're always trying to improve our services, so your feedback is valuable. We'll take a close look at what you say and see how we can improve things."
"[Name], thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! We're sorry to hear you had a bad experience and we'd love to hear more about what happened. Send Send us a private message and we'll do everything we can to make things right."
"[Name], thank you for this valuable feedback! We are sorry that you are not satisfied with our product. Our goal is to improve the quality of our products and we will take your opinion into account. Send us a private one message and we'll try to help."
"Hi [name], thank you for reporting this issue. We would like to take care of it. Could you send us more details via private message? We apologize for any inconvenience!"
"[Name], you made our day with your positive feedback! We are very happy to read that you loved our product.
"Hi [name], thanks for the tip! We apologize for the inconvenience and would like to know more about what happened. Send us a private message and we'll do our best to put things right. "
"[Name], we are very happy that you like our product! Thank you for the positive feedback, it means a lot to us :)"
"Hello [name], we are very happy to read this! What do you like most about our product? We'd love to hear more about your experience!"
"Hello [name], we are happy to have met your expectations :) Thank you for your positive feedback, we hope you continue to enjoy our product in the future!"
"Hello [name], thank you very much for your valuable feedback! Is there anything you particularly disliked? We'd love to hear more!”
As you can see, there are a variety of answers you can give; it all depends on the situation and how much information is shared in the comments.
Take it to the next level with you...
Use social media monitoring tools to track every mention of your brand so you don't miss a single mention and can act quickly. Some good examples are Mention.com, Brand24, Brand Mentions and others.
Thank you for comments via email.
If you receive information via email, it is probably because you have received detailed feedback. You can include multiple screenshots, comments, or an ongoing conversation about what you received on social media. And with this form, you're more likely to receive complaints, resolve issues, or try to improve the customer experience than respond to positive messages all day.
Use this template
And while you're on social media, you can just "like" or "love" a review of your brand, you can't just "love" an email, you have to write your reply. See how you can do this:
On behalf of our team, we thank you for your review. It's very much appreciated here, and while it's not fun to hear negative feedback, we're still learning.
Your ideas are valuable to us and we're sorry you had a bad experience. I can see how you can improve this and will forward your suggestions to the appropriate department.
We also apologize for the inconvenience caused and offer a [discount/voucher/free gift] to make up for it.
Thank you again [name] and we hope you will give us another chance in the future."
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience and would like to know more about what happened.
Please provide more details. Please include your order number, the email address used to place the order and a brief description of the problem.
Thank you in advance [name] and we will do our best to resolve the issue as quickly as possible."
Thank you for your email and your valuable feedback. We are pleased that you like our product and thank you for your reply.
We are very pleased that you had a positive experience and appreciate your feedback. Thank you [name] for taking the time to write to us!"
Thank you for your comments. It is completely understandable how you feel and we are sorry to have let you down. Next time we'll do better!
Can we improve our services to you?
If you have any further questions or problems, please feel free to write to us.
Thank you again, [Name], for your feedback."
My name is [Your Name] and I'm part of the team here at [Brand]. Thank you for your review, it means a lot to us.
It sounds like you had a lot of fun with our product and we are very happy to hear it! We will pass on your kind words and original comments to the rest of the team. As a thank you, we have created a [discount/voucher/gift] that you can use on your next purchase.
Thank you again [name] and we hope to see you again soon!"
Thank you for the valuable feedback you left in our product survey. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your experience. Because customer relationships are very important to us, we want to do things right.
May we call you to discuss your experience and this negative review? We'd love the opportunity to talk to you and learn more about how we can improve our product.
Thank you for your time and have a nice day."
Thank you for taking the time to give us honest feedback on the latest survey. It was very helpful and we are very sorry that you had a negative experience.
We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We really appreciate your feedback and would love to talk more with you about this issue. May we call you for a short chat?
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great experience in the future.
Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day."
Thank you for your quick comments! We are sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us.
Looks like we dropped the ball and we're sorry.
Can we do better? We want the opportunity to talk to you and make things right.
If you have any further questions, our entire team will be happy to help.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon."
Thank you for your opinion in the last poll. I'm [your name] and I work with the [Brand] team. We appreciate your valuable feedback and your feedback on the open questions and gave us a lot to think about.
Sounds like you've made great suggestions and we'll consider them for future updates. We'd love to hear about your ideas, if you have any please send us a message!
We hope to hear more from you in the future.
Have a nice day!"
"Good morning [company name],
I wanted to thank you for the comments. We are sorry that you have had a negative experience and thank you for letting us know.
We'd love to talk to you more about this topic. May we call you for a short chat? Or would you rather send us a message with more information that contributed to the negative customer experience?
We're here to help. Our goal is always to build strong customer relationships.
The opinions of customers like yours help us to be closer.
Thank you again for your feedback and have a nice day."
These are just some email templates that you can use and customize as you like, whether you need to reply to positive feedback or deal with negative feedback.
Use this template
Thank you for your feedback Approach - Best Practices
Below is a list of her attireThanks for the answerEmails or messages on social networks:
- Don't be put off by negative comments.If you have one, just breathe first. It's not the end of the world and it doesn't mean you're doing a bad job.
- Personalize your message.Even if you use a feedback template, you can customize it to make the customer look like they're replying to you. It could even be a quick note, but make your message important.
- Don't get defensive or passive-aggressive.We admit it - it is sofuses. But to build lasting customer relationships, you must be able to walk the big road and be humble.
- Be thankfulWhether it's getting positive reviews or giving your brand a bad image online, always express your gratitude.
- Don't take every answer personally.It's not about you as an individual, it's about your business and how you can improve your product or service.
- Focus on the next steps.Every customer review is an opportunity to improve, and every response is an opportunity to improve the CX you offer.
- show appreciation.We all have it 24/7 and your customers have taken the time to answer your survey, provide information about your services or write positive reviews. The least you can do is show some appreciation for it.
- Consequences.Let your customers know what happened (or will happen) to your customer feedback and how it improved your business. They will be happy to know that they made a contribution and you will have the opportunity to further strengthen your relationship with the customer.
Final Thoughts: It's not all about positive customer feedback
"Thank you" can express appreciation for something good: positive reviews, great team effort, or exceeding goals. But in business, you also need to learn to thank customers who have shared their bad experiences with your company.
It shows that you are dedicated to customer service for the people who use your product or service, and not just for their money.
Customer feedback is the best gift you can get for the future of your business. And a gift that passes on when you say thank you.
And if you want to become a truly customer-centric company, receiving constant feedback is crucial. Try online surveys andSign up for your free trial of Survicateto seamlessly capture customer feedback throughout the funnel.
How do you say thank you to customers feedback? ›
Thank you for your email and for taking the time to send us your valuable feedback. We're glad you enjoyed our product, and we appreciate your response. We're extremely happy that you had a positive experience, and we're grateful for your feedback. Thank you, [Name], for taking the time to write to us!"How do you respond to positive feedback from customers? ›
- “Thanks for sharing your rating with us and the community.”
- “Many thanks for the 5-star rating. ...
- “Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star rating – it's much appreciated!”
- “Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review.”
- Thank you for reaching out and providing us with valuable feedback. ...
- We appreciate you sending us your feedback. ...
- We're so happy to hear from you! ...
- It is our pleasure to hear your valuable feedback. ...
- We love hearing from you! ...
- Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Thank them and let them know you appreciate hearing their positive review. Let them know how it impacts you. Ask them to expand on what they thought you did well. This is important to understand the exact behavior that was well-received, or if you had any doubts about your own performance.How do you professionally express gratitude? ›
- I am so very thankful for your time.
- I appreciate the information and advice you have shared.
- I sincerely appreciate the assistance.
- Many thanks for your assistance.
- Many thanks for your time.
- Thank you for accepting my connection request.
- Thank you for connecting with me.
- Send handwritten thank you notes.
- Feature customers on your blog or social media.
- Ship a meaningful gift.
- Launch a loyalty or referral program.
- Implement customers' feedback.
- Designate a customer appreciation day.
- Host a customer appreciation event.
- Segment rewards.
- Consistently Strive To Be Firm And Fair. ...
- Make Sure Feedback Is Specific. ...
- Deliver Praise In The Moment. ...
- Give Feedback Early And Often. ...
- Approach Feedback Through A Development Lens. ...
- Create A Culture Of Trust. ...
- Celebrate The Small Achievements. ...
- Let Them Be In Control Of The Process.
Thank you for noticing, it really makes me happy to hear! Thanks for noticing, I put a lot of time and effort into that project. Thanks for taking the time to let me know you feel this way! Thank you for the positive feedback!How do you respond to feedback review? ›
- Say thank you.
- Respond in a timely manner.
- Stay professional and courteous.
- Understand your customer's experience with your business.
- Apologize when appropriate.
- Offer to talk it over if a customer has a complaint.
- Show that you're authentic and genuine by signing your name or initials.
Say: "It was really kind of you to…," "It really helped me out when you…," "You did me a big favor when…," "Thank you for listening when…," "I really appreciated it when you taught me…," or "Thank you for being there when…." You also can write your gratitude in a letter. Express gratitude by doing a kindness.
What is a good sentence for gratitude? ›
with gratitude He smiled at them with gratitude. gratitude (to somebody) (for something) I would like to express my gratitude to everyone for their hard work. I feel a deep sense of gratitude to her. in gratitude for something She was presented with the gift in gratitude for her long service.How do you say big thank you? ›
- 1 Thank you for all your hard work on this. ...
- 2 Thanks again, we couldn't have pulled this off without you. ...
- 3 Thank you, you're amazing! ...
- 4 I'm so thankful for everything you bring to the team. ...
- 5 Thank you kindly.
- 6 Thanks a million. ...
- 7 Many thanks.
- I'm so grateful.
- I appreciate it.
- Thanks for your hard work on this.
- I couldn't have done it without you.
- I owe you one.
- Much obliged.
- Thanks for having my back.
- Please accept my deepest gratitude.
- Thanks a million/ Thanks a bunch. Thanks a million, you have helped me so much!
- I really appreciate it. ...
- That means a lot to me. ...
- That's really kind of you. ...
- I don't know what to say. ...
- You shouldn't have. ...
- I owe you one. ...
- I couldn't have done it without you.
3. I appreciate this/ I appreciate your help/I appreciate all you've done for me: This is another way of saying thank you, and one that works in both formal and professional settings.How do you say thank you in an appreciative way? ›
- I appreciate you!
- You are the best.
- I appreciate your help so much.
- I wanted to thank you for your help.
- I value the help you've given me.
- I am so thankful for you in my life.
- Your input to today's meeting was a game-changer for this project. ...
- I am truly impressed with how you have managed to meet every goal set before you. ...
- Consistency is one of your biggest strengths. ...
- You did a great job with your presentation today.
Example: Thank you for the positive review and kind words on my performance evaluation. It means a great deal to me that I have earned your trust and your confidence. I assure you, I am ready to tackle new challenges and continue to do all I can to be a contributing, effective member of your team.